What Is New Futures?
As part of The Other Art Fair’s continued mission to break down traditional barriers of the contemporary art world, New Futures is designed to launch the careers of talented emerging artists through prizing that includes free exhibition space and mentorship.
Opportunities to exhibit physically at the Fair, digitally through Virtual Editions and on The Online Studios will provide creatives with valuable exhibition and sales experience. Whilst a complementary program of focused, ongoing mentoring and professional development workshops will provide the tools needed to further the career of artists.
Each in-person Fair and Virtual Edition Fair in Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, and Sydney will showcase their city’s selected winners from the New Futures Class of 2022, featuring up to three emerging artists per Fair edition – a total of up to 33 innovative creatives in each year’s class.
A Selection Committee of art industry experts will select the final winners, alongside the Fair Founder, Ryan Stanier, and Fair Directors.
Applying for New Futures
Artists who meet the criteria must apply for New Futures via the online application forms below. Once an application has been completed and submitted, you will receive an automatic email acknowledging receipt of the application. We aim to get back to all successful and unsuccessful applicants within three weeks of the application deadline.
Applications are completely free to submit. There are different applications for each Fair city. Please ensure you are submitting the relevant application and remember that you must be a resident of the Fair city for which you are applying.
Find advice and tips on how to apply in our New Futures Guide (see below).
|Fair Date||New Futures Application Deadline||Application Link|
|London, Truman Brewery|
|December 17||Apply Here|
If you have any special accessibility requirements and need assistance or an alternative form of application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Through New Futures up to 3 emerging artists per Fair have the opportunity to win free exhibition space, with ongoing guidance and professional mentorship.
- One free stand at The Other Art Fair for the city applied for.
- Two 1×1 sessions with the Fair team to discuss booth curation, marketing strategy, and Fair preparation.
- Optional ongoing guidance through Peer-to-Peer “buddy” system with a Fair artist.
- Lifetime membership to The Other Art Fair’s Global Exhibitor Community, benefits include networking opportunities, professional workshops, and artist socials.
- Participation in exhibition preparation workshops and socials for the upcoming Fair – topics include curation, marketing and operations.
- Dedicated feature in the Fair’s event programming and the Online Studios.
- Inclusion on the New Futures Class page, linking to their Saatchi Art profile.
- Part of dedicated New Futures PR campaign.
Artists must meet all the criteria listed below for their application. Full terms and conditions can be found here. All New Futures applications received that do not meet the criteria and terms and conditions will not be eligible to win the prize package. The criteria includes:
- New Futures is open to artists working in all mediums. No formal artistic training is required of the artist.
- Applicants must be an artist with a completed body of work to install, exhibit and sell at the Fair.
- Applicants must be a resident of the Fair city they are applying for.
- Applicants must not have previously exhibited at any edition of The Other Art Fair worldwide, either as an exhibitor, solo project, or installation artist.
- Applicants should not have exclusive gallery representation or plans for proposed solo exhibitions at the time of application and up until the end of the calendar year – this includes involvement in any art fairs and gallery shows).
- The winners must be present and onsite for the duration of the Fair they have applied for and available to participate in the Virtual Edition.
- Past New Futures winner cannot apply.
Find the full terms & conditions here.
Discover our New Futures Class of 2021 artists and selection committee members.