FAQs & TOP TIPS
What is The Other Art Fair Virtual Editions?
The Virtual Editions is The Other Art Fair’s new virtual art fair series presented online by Saatchi Art.
The Los Angeles Fair Edition (March 30th – April 4th), in partnership with BOMBAY SAPPHIRE®, offers art lovers across the globe the opportunity to experience The Other Art Fair from wherever they are.
The upcoming Los Angeles Virtual Edition Fair showcases work by over 100 top independent artists from around the world within a three-dimensional virtual fair environment giving you more opportunities to discover artworks you love. Supported by a unique online program of features, you can enjoy art differently through creative workshop videos, engaging talks and tours, and interactive digital art experiences. The unique experience of attending a live edition of The Other Art Fair to life is now available from wherever you are!
When can I access the Los Angeles Virtual Edition Fair?
Tuesday, March 30th – Sunday, April 4th
Artist Room Preview Day: Tuesday, March 30th
Each day will open at: 0.00 (PST) I 03.00 (EST) I 08.00 (GMT) I 19.00 (AEDT)
What are the Artist Rooms?
There are over 100 artists featured in this Virtual Edition Fair, showcased across three Artist Rooms to allow you to more easily digest all artist stands as well as experience the exclusive content programmed in each Room.
Be sure to check out the pre-recorded 5-minute ‘Room Highlights’ tour by the Fair Director before you enter.
How do I access the Los Angeles Virtual Edition Fair?
You will first need to pre register. You will then be emailed once the Fair is live with direct links to the Fair log in area. Access will also be available via Los Angeles Virtual Editions homepage and Artist Rooms page where you will be directed to log in.
Why do I need to register for the Virtual Editions?
By registering (for free!) not only do you have access to a new and exciting virtual art buying experience, you will also unlock a number of enhanced user tools and additional benefits including:
- Register for one Virtual Edition, get access to all Virtual Editions in 2021
- Get access to the artists and their new work before the open weekend days
- Be entered into the draw to win $1,000 to spend on art at the Fair
- Bookmark artworks you love as you browse through the Fair
- Access Saatchi Art curator-led Fair tours
Can I talk to the exhibiting artists?
Absolutely! Every artist has a ‘Let’s Chat’ button on their stand in the virtual fair. Here you can view their availability to book a 10-minute online meeting slot. You can also book a slot in advance via our Chat with an Artist page.
Are all the talks, tours and workshops free to watch and experience?
Yes! All our programmed content is free to attend and hosted online, but they do require pre-registration. To find out how to register and all the essential details of each event, view our Fair Program page.
Do I need special headsets?
The virtual fair is an immersive online experience allowing you to walk through a three-dimensional environment via your desktop, tablet or phone – no headsets are required
Why am I redirected to Saatchi Art to make my artwork purchase?
Saatchi Art is The Other Art Fair’s fantastic presenting partner. As the world’s leading online gallery, Saatchi Art gives our Fair buyers the opportunity to discover and buy art from all our featured artists securely online and in one place.
How do I organize the shipping of my artwork?
A Global Flat Rate for shipping is included within the displayed artwork price on Saatchi Art. The shipping process is handled by the artist and Saatchi Art’s operations team. Full buyer support FAQs can be found here.
I have a question not answered here, who can I contact?
Please contact The Other Art Fair team at email@example.com
TOP TIPS ON NAVIGATING THE VIRTUAL FAIR
1. Where possible, use your keyboard or mouse to navigate. Many users find this easier than touch screens or trackpads
2. Use the ‘Artists’ menu bar top right of screen to view the artist list in that Room. Click on the artist name to jump straight to their stand
3. Use the ‘Bookmarks’ function to tag artworks you are interested in for review at the end of your visit
4. Our artists are ready to meet you! Click on the ‘Let’s Chat’ button the artist’s stand to book a 10-minute online meeting with them
5. Use the “Back to Entrance’ button top left of screen to take you back to the main entrance of the Fair
6. For a ‘fly through’ tour of each Artist Room check out the pre-recorded 5-minute ‘Room Highlights’ tour (available starting March 30th) by the Fair Director before you enter.
The Other ARt Fair On Demand
Take part in a variety of creative workshops, watch artist interviews, browse our virtual Fairs, and more on The Other Art Fair YouTube channel.
Sign up for Virtual Editions newsletter
Sign up and be the first to know all the latest Fair and artist news, Online Studio collections, exclusive special offers and more.